Reviewing, previous elections, and the campaign rhetoric, and promises, we realize, how often, there is little, to no relationship, between, what the candidate says, when he’s running, and, what he, actually, does, if/ when, elected! This will only change, when voters, committed to paying, far more attention, and thoroughly, considering, and examining, what the specific individual, will, actually, STAND for, consistently! Perhaps, one of the key reasons, polls indicate, politicians are held in relatively, low esteem, and considered, less than honest and honorable, is, so often, our elected officials put their own, personal/ political agenda, and self – interest, ahead of the best interests of the nation, and those, he is supposed to, serve and represent. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and the ramifications.
1. Service; solutions; strengths/ stronger; sustainable; system: The most recent, Democratic Presidential Candidate Debate, when it wasn’t deteriorating, into a screaming – contest, indicated, while most offered, their message, in foggy – terms, one individual, used the term, problem – solver, to describe, what he referred to, as his unique characteristic and ability/ skill! Shouldn’t every elected official, prioritize service and representation, over his personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest? We need leaders, with the strength, to offer relevant, and sustainable, solutions, which make us stronger! This requires the clarity, to think, instead of making promises, and introduce a well – considered, system, to achieve, pragmatic, idealistic philosophies, and priorities!
2. Trends; truth/ trust; timely; time – tested: We need, and deserve the truth, from those we elect! One must earn our trust, not, merely, with empty promises, and populist rhetoric, but with knowledge of applicable, time – tested possibilities, and aligning that, with a willingness to consistently proceed, with well – considered, timely action! However, the same – old, same – old, won’t get it done, and recent trends, must be examined, and considered!
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate: The finest leaders possess a true, positive, can – do, attitude, combined with a well – developed, relevant aptitude, and skill – set! They must be willing to pay keen attention, to present and future needs, and possibilities/ ramifications, and articulate a compelling, inspiring, motivating message, which brings people together, for the greater – good!
4. Needs: If it’s not about needs, it probably is not the best priority, etc!
5. Delve deeply; drives him: Consider what seems to drive a specific candidate, and delve deeply to his personal motivations, and whether, they are self – serving, or seek, a meeting – of – the – minds, for the common good! We need to elect people, who won’t straddle – the – fence, but will take a well – considered, stand, and lead, by example!
Become a more aware, voter! Ask lots of questions, and demand answers, and thorough explanations! One isn’t leading, if he is unwilling, and/ or, lacks the courage, to step – forward, and take a STAND! Isn’t that the essence of leadership, by example?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10254692