After more than four decades of involvement in nearly all aspects of leadership, from identifying, qualifying, training, developing and consulting leaders, to serving, as a leader, for several organizations (large and small), I have often been asked, what I consider, to be, the most important consideration of rule, of leading effectively. I’ve discovered, and learned, while it’s possible to train someone, and supply them, with the needed and necessary skills, to proceed, wisely, one must begin the process, with a certain type of mindset, and attitude. If this had to be summed – up, simply, and essentially, it would be, one must be guided by the core principle, to do, what’s RIGHT! With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine, consider, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why understanding human nature. and/ or what makes us do, what we do, is most important and relevant.
1. Righteous; relevant; responsive; responsible; ramifications: It’s important to proceed, in a righteous manner, without being self – righteous! How might one know what is relevant, until/ unless he pays keen attention, to both the strengths and weaknesses, and the positives, as well as negatives? Leading must focus on being responsive to needs, goals, priorities, and the mission of the group! A leader is responsible for effective leadership planning, and seeking strategic and action plans, with sustainability, and realizing ramifications, as core components.
2. Integrity; imagination; ideas; insights: Unless/ until, someone proceeds with absolute integrity, even when taking a short – cut, or path, of least resistance, he’ll never be a real leader! Combine this commitment and behavior, with a well – developed, relevant imagination, the ability to have meaningful insights, and the strength, to proceed forward, introducing and implementing the needed ideas, or, you will never do, what’s right!
3. Generate goodwill; growth; good; greatness: WIll you emphasize, generating goodwill, in order to inspire and motivate others, to work together, in order to create the proper, essential growth, sustainable organizations, need? If you hope to achieve greatness, begin, by seeking, to do, good!
4. Healing; head/ heart: In order to focus on healing, for the common good, there must be a focused, concerted effort to use, both one’s logical, as well as emotional components, in a head/ heart balance!
5. Timely; trustworthy: Empty promises, rhetoric, and populist language, is far different from exhibiting, being trustworthy! True leader must see what has been, what is, and what could, and should be, a proceed, in a well – considered, timely manner!
Will you be willing to be guided, by the principle, of doing, what’s RIGHT? Ask yourself, why do you want to be a leader?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9943486