1 (16-oz.) package penne pasta
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2-1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
2 cups shredded Italian Five-Cheese
1 cup (8 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 pkg extra thick bacon, cooked and diced well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon on tin-foil lined baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes. Once done, immediately remove bacon from the grease and pat dry. Be sure to leave the oven on for the pasta, if baking.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and pour into a 9×13 pan.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Whisk in flour and milk; cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and is bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Add cheeses, stirring until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Add bacon and mix well.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir. If desired, sprinkle more cheese (not cheddar), over pasta. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted/heated. Serve immediately.